A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 11 : Antique Mughal Quran ( 250 years old)



This is a beautiful old handwritten Quran originated from India during Mughal area. The first 2 pages & the last 2 pages are heavily illuminated with gold water and various colors. Text written in Naskh within golden border with colorful ornaments in the margin. Undated but from the design it's estimated about 250 years old.


Manuscript Specs

Item : A Handwritten Mughal Quran
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 7.5" x 4.5" x 2"
Date : Undated but believed to be about 250 years old ( Mughal area).
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : India
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Text written in Naskh script on Arabic paper with vowel & diacritical signs in black and red. 15 lines per page. Leather cover was newly bound.
Purchased Price :USD

1 comment:

  1. ASAK.I have something similar;however, have not been able to find anyone who could take a look at my manuscripts..Would really appreciate if you could take a look.Will be more than happy to send some pictures.Did try to contact you at the mentioned e-mail address also.My e-mail ID is mariam-ans@yahoo.com.
    Love your blog.Very informative.Hqve been following it for more than 2 years now

    ReplyDelete