A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Ancient Coin Review 36 : Sultan Salah bin Ali ( Aceh Sultanate 1530-1537CE)


This is a gold kupang coin from Sultan Salahadin era. Sultan Salahadin ascended the Achenese throne after the death of his father Sultan Ali Mughayat Shah in 1530CE. However according to historian Djajadinigrat, Sultan Salahadin was not interested in governing the empire and was spending more time in pursuing luxury & pleasure. His brother who was a ruler of Samudra, dethroned him and let him die in a dungeon.

Obv: As Sultan Al Adil
Rev: Salah Ibnu Malik AtTahir
Weight : 0.58 gm
Dim : 11mm
Date : 1530 - 1537 CE
Rarity :
Denom : Kupang
Material : Gold
Reference : A 5 pg 162 ( Jaarboek Voor Munt-en Penningkunde)

No comments:

Post a Comment