A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 90 : Antique French Parchment Manuscript ( 1640 CE)



This is a parchment written in old French about the purchase of land. I purchased this manuscript quite some time ago. Eventhough I am more interested in Arabic & Islamic Manuscripts, I acquired this manuscript to compare the western writing tradition with the Islamic writing tradition. The material used in this manuscript is from sheep leather written on both sides. There is a date 1640 CE written on the bottom of the deed.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique French Parchment
Content : A Land Purchase Agreement
Dim : 250mm x 200mm
Date : 1640 CE
Copyist : Ananymous
Origin : France
Calligraphy : Roman
Design :
Purchased Price :USD

No comments:

Post a Comment