A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Friday, April 3, 2015

Ancient Manuscript Review 159 : Antique Arabic Manuscript ( 1223 AH / 1808 CE) Al Falak / Astronomy





This is an Arabic manuscript on the knowledge of Al Falak ( Astronomy). The whole subject is about the location of the moon and what does it means at certain position to our daily life. It is undated but there are some dates on few pages as early as 1223 AH ( 1808 CE) remarking on the birth of some babies. Hence this mansucript should have been written earlier than this date. I acquired this manuscript from Diyerbakir, Turkey. No covers yet no missing pages.

Manuscript Specs
Item : Antique Malay Quran
Manuscript Content : Quran
Dim : 16 cm x 11 cm 
Date : 18th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Turkey / Syria
Calligraphy : Nastaliq
Design : 
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment