A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 44 : Antique Malay Calligraphy Manuscript ( 19th Century)





This is a beautifully written manuscript about Arabic grammar originated from South East Asia. Its believed to have been written in 19th century. The unique about this manuscript is the type of calligraphy used. I cant fiqure out. Its has strong character especially in waw , ra and mim similar to Bihari & Sini scripts. However in this script, the mim is vertically down. Or shall we call this script Malay script?
I acquired this manuscript from a friend in Indonesia quite a while ago.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Malay Arabic Manuscript
Content : Arabic Grammar
Dim : 15" x 4" x 1"
Date : 19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : South East Asia
Calligraphy : Malay ?
Design : Written in Malay scripts in red & black with explanation in Arabic language
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment