A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Ancient Artifact Review 26 : Antique Quran / Talisman Silver Case from Iran / Afghanistan ( 19th Century CE)



This is a Quran or Talisman silver case from Iran-Qajar- Afghsanistan . The Quran or the Talismanic manuscript must be small enough and in octoganal shape in order to fit in this box. The lid is engraved with the word Bismillah hiRahman nirRahim.  See below some miniature Qurans
Ottoman Sancak
Mini Quran

Dim : 55mm x 53cm
Date : 19th Century CE
Material : Silver
Origin : Iran / Afghanistan

No comments:

Post a Comment