This is a rare antique album of real pressed flowers collected from 12 important places in Jerusalem.
The flowers and leaves are arranged beautifully on captioned card and have been well preserved for more than 100 years.
The album is cloth bound with covers made of thick polished olive wood and spine of leather.
The album is supposed to be open from the right cover where the word Jerusalem in English and Hebrew are painted with multicolored inlay border.
Each plate is captioned in Hebrew, English, German and French.
The titles of the plates are :
1)Flowers from Jerusalem
2) Flowers from Mount Sion
3) Flowers from Mount Moriah
4) Flowers from Siloah
5) Flowers from the grave of Rachel
6) Flowers from Hebron
7) Flowers from the Mount of Olives
8) Flowers from the Valley of the Jordan
9) Floweres from Mount Carmel
10) Flowers from Saron,
11) Flowers from the Mount of Gerizim
12) Flowers from the Mount Hermon.
Album measures 4 1/4 x 6 1/2 inches and is in excellent condition with only light surface wear and a few pieces of the mosaic missing from the corner areas.