A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ancient Artifact Review 65 : Antique Khaliji Gulf Arabic Islamic Dallah Coffee Pot Jug Ewer 19th Century




This is an old brass coffee-pot or called Dallah in Arabic.It has an hourglass shape with a curved handle and integrated dome-shaped lid with a finial and a beak-like spout.
Maker's mark stamped on one side though I couldn't make out what it is.
This is a typical Khaliji ( Gulf) type of Dallah. Undated but probably from 19th Century.
In the past, having a dallah in the house is a compulsory. If there is no coffee for guests it was shameful.
This is a simple dallah called chabsa whereas the elaborated one is called Gurayshia.

Dim : 220mm height
Date : 19th Century
Material : Brass
Origin : Arabic Gulf Countries

No comments:

Post a Comment