A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ancient Coin Review 42 : Kelantan Sultanate Pitis ( 1770 - 1882 CE)


This is a tin coin from Kelantan Sultanate ( 1770-1882 CE).
Kelantan is a state of Malaysia located in the northeastern of Peninsular of Malaysia. The name of Kelantan originated from the Malay word Kilatan which means shiny/glittery. It is also known by its Arabic honorific, Darul Naim ( Abode of Blessed).
The Sultanate of Kelantan was founded since the 15th century by Sultan Iskandar Shah and later ruled by his son Sultan Mansur Shah till 1526 CE. The reign continues till today and the present Kelantan Sultan is Sultan Muhammad V
Obverse : Khalifatul Mukminin
Reverse : Similar to obverse
Weight : 3.65 gm
Dim : 24mm
Rarity : Common ( ref SS1 pg 216)

No comments:

Post a Comment