A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, July 15, 2013

Rebinding old manuscript

I had recently posted a blog about my Kashmiri Quran which has beautiful lacquer covers but was poorly binded at the time of purchase. The covers edge was chipped off and lack of spine. See below link :
Kashmiri Quran

 During my trip to Istanbul early this year, I brought with me this manuscript and sent to a binding company for a repair. I have to pay about USD500 but Masyallah the result was fantastic!!
See below photos after the repair. My friend who owns a manuscript bazaar in Istanbul was envious to see this manuscript and had offered to buy this Quran. He said this type of manuscript can be easily picked up at USD8000-USD10,000 in Istanbul. Whatever the offer is, I am happy to keep this Quran close to me.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment