A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, May 2, 2016

Ancient Manuscript Review 188 : Antique Syriac Christianity Manuscript ( 16th Century CE)

 

This is a very rare Syriac manuscript acquired from Turkey. It is written in Syriac Serto script.
I could not figure out the content but most likely subject on Christianity Theology and Bible. This manuscript I believed written in Classical Syriac similar to the fragment in below link
Manuscript in Classical Syriac


Codicology

Title Page : Unknown
Content    :  Unknown
Date         : 16th Century
Copyist    : Anonymous
Patron      : Nil
Origin      : Diyerbakir, Turkey
Place acquired : Istanbul
Illuminations : Nil
Calligraphy : Syriac Serto
Number of lines :16 lines per page
Inks          : Main text in black with some headings in red
Punctuation: Diacritical marks in black
Frame       :  Nil
History of Manuscript : from a private library in Diyerbakir
Number of folios :  16 ff
Support of writing : yellowish laid paper
Gatherings : N/A
Catchwords :bottom left on recto page
Dimensions : 17.0 cm x 11.5 cm
Binding   : Loose fragment with loose black cover
Estimated Market Price :
Purchased Price : USD
Remarks :

No comments:

Post a Comment