A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Ancient Manuscript Review 203 : Antique Bible / Christianity written in Classical Greek on Papyrus from Egypt ( 2th-3th Century CE )



This is a papyrus fragment written in Classical Greek  language in black ink. Origin from Egypt and purchased from Antique Store in USA in 2016. I discovered this fragment among with my other Arabic papyrus fragments. Comparing this fragment with some papyrus from DUKE Library, they have similar fragments . This is the link, Greek Papyrus. which dating the fragment from 2nd-3rd Century CE.
I don't have much information of this kind of manuscript and its writing tradition. I need to do more research on this manuscript and will update this entry later. I welcome any feedback on this fragment.

Manuscript Specs

Item :Classical Greek Papyus Manuscript
Content :  Bible / Christianity
Dim : 120mm x 75mm
Date : 2-7th3 century CE
Copyist :  N/A
Origin :  Egypt
Calligraphy : Classical Greek
Design :
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment