A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Ancient Artifact Review 55 : Antique Islamic Indian Talismanic Bowl ( 20th Century)



This is a brass bowl serve as a talismanic purpose. Purchased from Jonker street Malacca but originated from India. Etched with Mosque's dome and minaret  on the outer bowl whereas the inner side is etched with Quranic verses particularly surah Al Ikhlas. This bowl could be from 20th Century.
See my other Talismanic bowl at
Malay Indian Talismanic Bowl
 
Dim : 100mm Diameter x 80mm height
Date :  20th Century
Material : brass
Origin : Indian
Price : RM sr

No comments:

Post a Comment