A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 48 : Antique Morocco Quran ( Saadi Dynasty 16-17th century)








This is an old handwritten Quran originally from Morocco of Saadi Dynasty era.It is a complete Quran. It was written in a simple Maghribi calligraphy. This Quran has a colophone on the last leaf however I couldn't read it due to the complexity of this script. The cover was repaired and both interior have beautiful Moroccon motive.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Morocco Quran
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 8" x 7.5" x 1.0"
Date : 16-17th century
Copyist : indecipherable
Origin : Morocco
Calligraphy : Maghribi
Design : 24 lines written in Maghribi script without border
Purchased Price :US

1 comment:

  1. Salam
    I've got an very old koran (more then 300 years), given from generation to generation.

    I wont to sale
    I can send you also Photos.
    contact me plzzz

    musa.aga87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete