A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Review 133 : Antique Etiopian Ge'ez Coptic Gospel ( 20th century)




 This is my another Coptic Bible written on vellum in Ge'ez language. I really dont know how to read this script. But the seller who is coptic herself told me that this is a gospel written in Ge'ez.
There are 3 pages with iconic drawings. On the last page, there is a thumb print I believe of the copyist.
Click these links to see my other Coptic Bibles

Coptic Gospel 1
Coptic Gospel 2
Coptic Gospel 3








Codicology



Title Page : Nil
Content    : Coptic Gospel
Date         : 20th Century CE
Copyist    : Anonymous
Patron      : Nil
Origin      : Etiopia
Place acquired : Etiopia
Illuminations :3 pages
Calligraphy :Ge'ez script
Number of lines : 23 lines per page
Inks          : Main text in black. Some key words in red.
Punctuation: Diacritical marks in black
Frame       :  Nil
History of Manuscript : Purchased from a contact in Etiopia
Number of folios : 150 ff
Support of writing : light yellowish vellum
Gatherings : N/A
Catchwords :Nil
Dimensions : 13.0 cm x 9.5 cm
Binding   :Maroon leather covers
Estimated Market Price :
Purchased Price : USD
Remarks :

No comments:

Post a Comment