A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Ancient Manuscript Review 01 : Antique Ottoman Quran 1858 C.E


This is an Ottoman-era Quran acquired from Istanbul in 2006.
Scroll down to see the full spec.
The thing that make this Quran interesting is its small size. Its dimension is 140x110mm. Most of Ottoman Qurans in my collections are much bigger ~200x120mm. This Quran is nicely written with one of the most beautiful calligraphy. It's very neat and the illumination is superb. This is one of my favorite collections.


Quran Specs :
Complete Koran
140 x 110 mm
Decorated Hardcover binding
Clear Naskhi script in black ink within a blue/red frame with gold discs between verses
Vowels and diacritical signs are in red & black
Notes in margin
Multicolored Floral medallion at margin
Copiyst : Al Haj Hafiz Waliyuddin As Syukri
Date : 1275 AH ( 1858 AD)

No comments:

Post a Comment