A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Book Review 13 :The Rise of Islamic Calligraphy ( Alain George)




Book Info :

Title : The Rise of Islamic Calligraphy
Author : Alain George
Publisher : N/A Lebanon
Printer : Saudi Arabian Printing Company Ltd.
Pages : 236 pages
ISBN : 978-0-86356-673-8




Review:

This is one of the best reference books on the history of Arabic calligraphy. Dr Alain George has successfully presented the genesis of the Arabic calligraphy in a very organized, concise and clear way. Early Arabic scripts prior to Islam from various mediums were analyzed and Dr Alain george has created a smooth connection from that era to our present matured Arabic calligraphy.
I appreciate Dr George effort in putting so many illustrations in his book as it definitely helps me to visualize and understand the subject better.
This is a very well researched book and I recommend this book to everyone who is interested in the developement of Arabic calligraphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment