A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ancient Manuscript Review 18 : Antique Ottoman Quran in 30 books ( 1155 AH)






This is an unique old Ottoman handwritten Quran. Originally this complete Quran was in 30 separate books. However my dealer as well as my friend in Istanbul decided to bind all of them together. It turned out to be a brilliant idea. Every start page of each juz/segment is illuminated with gold and colorful motives. Copied in 1155 AH ( 1742 CE).
Manuscript Specs

Item : A Handwritten Ottoman Quran ( 30 juza)
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 9" x 7" x 3"
Date : 1155 AH( 1742 CE)
Copyist : Anonymous
Origin : Turkey Empire
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Text written in Naskh script on Arabic paper with vowel & diacritical signs in black and red. 11 lines per page. Originally in 30 separate books. Leather cover was not original.
Purchased Price :USD

No comments:

Post a Comment