A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 82 : Antique Malay Javanese Manuscript ( 19th Century)




 
This is a handwritten manuscript originated from Indonesia. No title on this manuscript however I believe it's about the life & prophethood of Prophet Muhammad ( SAW) and written in Javanese language. First few pages were damaged due to termites. The cover is of black leather embossed in a floral design with a flap. The writing material used is Western paper. No colophone however there are a written note indicating the owner was Haji Muhammad Amin Bin Haji Abdullah dated 1331 AH ( 1912 AD). The manuscript could have been written either late 18th century or slightly after 19th century. There was also a sheet of paper pasted at the back cover written in Javanese with date 1907 AD I presumed a receipt  of this manuscript purchase.No copyist name mentioned.

Manuscript Specs
Item : Antique Javanese Manuscript
Manuscript Content : The story of the Prophet Muhammad
Dim : 220mm x 170mm x60mm
Date : 19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin :  Indonesia
Calligraphy : Malay Javanese
Design : Written in Malay scripts in black in Javanese
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment