A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Monday, November 11, 2013

Ancient Manuscript Review 114 : Antique Aramaic Syriac Garshuni Christian Manuscript 1132 C.E








This is a very rare Syriac manuscript on Rikin Al Kiddas ( Holy Power) acquired from Turkey. It is written in Syriac Serto script. This manuscript I believe is dated but I could not read the script nor understand it. However there is a note written in Arabic "sanah 132" means year 132.  Hence I believe this manuscript is dated 1132 CE.
There is also a note written in Arabic that this manuscript was purchased by Abraham Ben Jacob.
I welcome anyone who has any knowledge of this script & manuscript to shed some lights.

Codicology

Title Page : Rikin Al Kiddas ( Holy Power)
Content    :  Rikin Al Kiddas
Date         : 1132 CE
Copyist    : Anonymous
Patron      : Nil
Origin      : Diyerbakir, Turkey
Place acquired : Istanbul
Illuminations : Nil
Calligraphy : Syriac Serto
Number of lines :15 lines per page
Inks          : Main text in black with some headings in red
Punctuation: Diacritical marks in black
Frame       :  Nil
History of Manuscript : from a private library in Diyerbakir
Number of folios : 117 ff
Support of writing : yellowish laid paper
Gatherings : N/A
Catchwords :bottom left on recto page
Dimensions : 17.0 cm x 11.5 cm
Binding   : Hard covers bound with fabric
Estimated Market Price :
Purchased Price : USD
Remarks :

1 comment:

  1. I know how to read it and i can tell the exact date of its writing from the writer notes

    ReplyDelete