A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Ancient Artifact Review 61 : Antique Ottoman Copper Plate dated 1175 AH ( 1758CE)






This is an old Ottoman Copper plate purchased from Turkey. It is a plain plate with a date and signature on the rim.Made of  copper but plated with tin and dated 1175 AH or equivalent to 1758 CE. There is a name engraved in Arabic, ثر عبيد خليل  , Seer Abid Khalil. He could have been the owner of this plate.

Dim : 220 mm
Date : 1175 AH (1758 CE)
Material : Tinned Copper
Origin : Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment