A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 67 : Antique Indian Lithographed Quran ( 1324 AH)

 






 
This is a beautifully lithographed Quran originated from Indian region. I know this is not under manuscript category however its heavy illuminations quite fascinating so I decided to post it up in here. Its dated 1324 AH = 1906 CE.
I acquired this Quran from a friend last year.



Manuscript Specs Item : Antique Indian Lithographed Quran
Manuscript Content : Quran
Dim : 7.5" x 5.5" x 1.5"
Date : 1324 AH ( 1906 CE)
Copyist : indechpierable
Origin : India
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : 15 lines in black
Purchased Price :US

1 comment: