A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 76 : Antique North African Manuscript ( 1283 AH)





 
This is a handwritten manuscript from North Africa. The title of this manuscript is " Kitab Al Tafkar Wal Iktibar" . When I bought this manuscript from the seller, he told me that he purchased it from Iran. However I doubted it as the script is more Maghribi in style and some motifs in the manuscript are very african in nature. This is a complete manuscript without missing page. Original covers brownish leather with a flap. There is colophon stating the date of completion in 1283 AH ( 1866 CE)  strangely in numeral. 

Manuscript Specs Item : Antique North African Manuscript
Manuscript Content : Kitab Al Tafkar Wal Iktibar..."
Dim : 120mm x 120mm x 30mm
Date : 1283 AH ( 1866 CE) 
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : North Africa
Calligraphy : Maghribi
Design : Written in Maghribi scripts in red & black
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment