A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 74 : Antique Morrocon Khutbah Manuscript ( 19th century)



 

 
This is a handwritten  manuscript from Morroco. It contains 2 set of sermons for Eid AlFitr & Eid AlAdha.  The covers are recent. Some colorful illuminations especially on the opening page of the sermons. This manuscript is probably from 19th century. 

Manuscript Specs Item : Antique Morrocon Manuscript
Manuscript Content : Eids Khutbah
Dim : 240mm x 180mm x 0.5mm
Date : 18-19th century
Copyist : anonymous
Origin : Morocco
Calligraphy : Maghribi
Design : Written in Maghribi scripts in red & black
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment