A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ancient Manuscript Review 77: Antique Indian Quran (18-19th Century)





This is a handwritten Quran from Indian region. Texts are written in Naskh script within double red-line & blue-line frame. The first & last 2 pages are beautifully gold gilded & illuminated. Covers are not original. Very thich manuscript with 533 follios. It's undated but from the design & illumination I would safely estimate it was written between 18th-19th century.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Quran
Content : A complete Quran
Dim : 10.5" x 6.5" x 2.5"
Date : 18th-19th CE
Copyist : Ananymous
Origin : India
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : 11 lines written text per page
Purchased Price :USD

2 comments:

  1. What would the value of this piece be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. minimum USD800. The more illuminations and gold color, the more expensive.

    ReplyDelete