A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

CEELITE : LEC Panel





Introducing you my new toy - CEELITE LEC Panel!!! This is a cool stuff. It is similar to a light box except in a thin portable panel.
I was first introduced to this gadget during my Islamic Codicology course in Cambdrige University recently. This panel is placed beneath a manuscript paper and the light will project out through enabling us to identify type of paper whether it is oriental vs western, analyzing laid line vs chain line as well as finding out if there is any watermark or other mark which couldn't be seen under normal lighting.
I ordered this item from Ceelite distributor company based in USA. I have now 3 different size of panels - A3, A4 & strip. These panels will enable me to work with different size of manuscripts which are in my possession. I am happy with this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment