A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ancient Artifact Review 27 : Antique Afghanistan Writing Case & Ink well (19th Century)




This is an old Qalam case which measures  26cm long with an inkwell at one end. It is made of brass and plain. It was purchased from Abu Dhabi and the seller claimed it was acquired from Afghanistan. I have a doubt about this claim. I tried to search around anything similar to this but couldn't find any. Nonetheless I discovered from some image googling, that the ink pot per se from this case is quite similar to an Indian ink pot. The round lid with a small round knob on it looks typical Indian design.
I would reckon that this writing case came from India.



It looks different than my other pen case below
Ottoman Divit
Giant Ottoman Divit
Qajar Qalamdan

Dim : 26cm
Date : 19th Century
Material : Brass
Origin : Afghanistan / India

No comments:

Post a Comment