A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Review 143 : Antique Ottoman Prayer Manuscript ( 19th Century)







This is an Ottoman prayer manuscript, undated but estimated from 19th Century. The manuscripts contains selected verses from Quran, the 99 names of Allah and some talismans. Written in Naskh script and every page gold gilded. Leather covers with gold embossed on the rims.


Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Ottoman Prayer manuscript
Content : Selected Quranic verses, prayers & Talismans
 Dim :  150mm  x  100mm
 Date : 19th Century
Copyist : Unknown
Origin : Turkey
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Written in Naskh scripts in black & verse marker in gold. Border is gold gilded
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment