A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Review 142 : Antique Ottoman Qur'an Fragments 24k Gold Illuminated ( 1101 AH = 1690 CE)




These are some folios of handwritten Quran which I can saved from Istanbul Bazaar almost 10 years ago. Unfortunately it is not a complete Quran. It was signed and dated to 1101 AH by Hafiz Ibrahim Al Diyarbakir. The borders and headings are gold gilded with 24K gold.


Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Ottoman Quran Fragments
Content : Quran
 Dim :  140mm  x  100mm ( folio)
Date : 1101 AH ( 1690 CE)
Copyist : Hafiz Ibrahim Al Diyarbakir
Origin : Turkey
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Written in Naskh scripts in black & diacritical marks in red. 24K gold gilded
Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment