A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Review 144 : Antique Ottoman Printed Quran 1351AH / 1932 CE ( Kadirgali Mustafa Nazif Effendi)

 





This is a large size of Ottoman printed Quran dated  1351 AH copied by Sayed Mustafa Nazif which is also known as Kadirgali Mustafa Nazif Efendi.
It's rare to find a Quran in this size while most Quran either written or printed during that time is of a smaller size. This Quran is of 370mm x 280mm x 50mm.
Covers are beautifully embossed leather on hard boards.
On the first page, a table of contents was written and dated to 1374 AH by Jamaludin Bin Shamsuddin. This Quran is printed in black ink with 15 lines per page. 
In Ebay I have seen a smaller size of printed Quran from the same copyist on sale for USD275.
 
 
 Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Ottoman Printed Quran
Content : Complete Quran
 Dim :  370mm  x  280mm x 50 mm
 Date : 1351 AH ( 1932CE)
Copyist : Mustafa Nazif
Origin : Turkey
Calligraphy : Naskh
Design : Printed in Naskh scripts in black 
 Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment