A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Friday, December 5, 2014

Ancient Artifact Review 33 : Antique Indian Mughal Pandan / Betel Nut Container 19th Century







This is a betel nut container or Pandan originally from India but purchased in Bangladesh.
Made of brass and fully decorated with foliates & animals motives.Its undated but the seller told me it is from the Mughal era circa 19th century.
Pandan is a word in Urdu or Hindi.This container is used to store betel leaf, areca palm nut, lime & dry tobacco.
Compare with my other Betel Nut Container
Malay Tepak Sirih

Artifact Specification :

Dim : 100mm x 150mm
Date : 19th Century CE
Material : Brass
Origin :  India

No comments:

Post a Comment