A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Ancient Artifact Review 34 : Antique Arabic Carved Wooden Window Shutter ( 19th Century )




This is a pair of beautifully carved with Arabic script wooden window shutter. I purchased this window from an antique shop in Middle East in 2014. According to him it was acquired from Egypt. Undated but probably from 19th Century.

Made of wood and each shutter has 3 panels with hand carved Arabic scripts which I couldn't figure out what they means. I hope someone can figure out for me this script.
The border of the panels as well as the shutters are engraved with floral motif.
This window has a dimension of 93 x 63 mm.
Compare the design of this window shutter with my Malay Carved door in below link
Antique Malay Door 

No comments:

Post a Comment