A journey to search my soul

This is a blog of my personal collections. The purpose of this blog is to educate myself and public in regards to antiquities especially related to religion and calligraphy. I welcome everyone to input their feedback in this blog which they think would be helpful. I do not watermark the photos in this blog so everyone is free to use them as long as they are not used for illegal and unethical reasons. I appreciate if you could notify me if you plan to use any of the photos here. Enjoy browsing!!

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Ancient Manuscript Review 146 : Antique Hebrew Bible Leviticus / Zohar Vayika manuscript from Yemen ( 18th Century)




This is a part of bible Leviticus ( Zohar Vayika) written in Hebrew. According to the seller who understands Hebrew, the manuscript is written by David Obadia Saadi in Yemen. Undated but estimated from 18th Century.
Zohar Vayika ( Leviticus) is part of Zohar Kabbalah of Judaism. Insyallah I will find some time to write about this bible.

Manuscript Specs

Item : Antique Hebrew Bible manuscript
Content : Part of Leviticus / Zohar Vayika
 Dim :  290mm  x  130mm
 Date : 18th Century
Copyist : David Obadia Saadi
Origin : Yemen
Calligraphy : Ibrani / Hebrew
Design :
 Purchased Price :US

No comments:

Post a Comment